POSITION TITLE: Diesel Service Technician
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Brief description of essential responsibilities:
- Accurately diagnose and repair John Deere equipment and technology as well as other various brands of equipment supported by CL Boyd Company.
- Rebuild or replace various types of powertrain and hydraulic components including engines, transmissions, axles, control valves, hydraulic pumps, etc.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Maintain a clean work environment and properly care for shop equipment and specialty tools provided.
- Accountable for billable time and assigned work orders.
- Responsible for complete and thorough documentation of diagnostics and repairs performed on work orders and on time submittal of information.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment required to perform job responsibilities.
- Participate in a positive and a relationship building work environment alongside coworkers in Service, Sales, and Parts departments.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
Special knowledge, skill, ability, quality, or strength requirements:
- Experience performing service repairs; demonstrated experience consistently meeting performance metrics preferred.
- Experience performing repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on machines.
- Experience with the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in off road, construction, or heavy equipment.
- Experience operating vehicles, tools, and equipment for diagnostic purposes
- Experience with basic computer functions; experience using Service ADVISOR™ or other computer based diagnostic repair tools preferred.
- Experience working cooperatively in a team environment.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must have an adequate toolset to perform job responsibilities.
Education and experience required:
- Any technician experience a plus, heavy equipment service experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required: college education preferred.
- Applicant must pass a physical drug screening and possess a valid driver’s license.
To apply Click the link below, fill out the application, and upload with your resume.